Van den Hoogenband and team mates at training camp in February
Pieter van den Hoogenband and his team mates of Nationaal Zweminstituut Eindhoven will be at training camp as from February 6th, 2005. The Olympic champion will go to Epinal in France for two weeks to prepare for the qualifying meets for the World Championship in July.
Van den Hoogenband, who is enjoying a well-deserved vacation in South Africa at the moment, will compete for the first time since the Olympics at the Flemish championships on March 12th and 13th in Antwerp, Belgium.
After that he will enter the Dutch Open Swim Cup in Eindhoven (March 25th through 27th) and the Amsterdam Swim Cup (April 9th through 10th). Van den Hoogenband will only compete in the Dutch Championship (from April 21st in Amsterdam) if he hasn’t qualified for the World Championship at the earlier meets.
Source: De Telegraaf
Also read other news related to Pieter van den Hoogenband:
- Van den Hoogenband’s coach responds to FINA Press Release
- FINA Press Release - Montreal loses World Championships
- First Olympic swimming stadium ("Pieter-Pool") in Eindhoven
- Dutch Open Swim Cup 2005
- FINA Press Release - World Championships 2005
- Van den Hoogenband’s coach pleabargains for independent swimming teams
- Van den Hoogenband’s coach Jacco Verhaeren new advisor to TZA